Unbelievable (but true)
       WARNING: The following is not for the squeamish. It should not be read shortly before or after eating! From the Bloomburg News Service, March 25, 1997: 
 
What a gas!
 
   A terrible diet and a room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man who was killed by his own gas.
    There was no mark on his body, but an autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system, police said. His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage (and a couple of other things). 
    It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing from the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed, police said. Had he been outside or had his windows been opened, it wouldn't have been fatal. But the man was shut up in his near-airtight bedroom. 
    He was “a big man with a huge capacity for creating [this deadly gas],” a police representative said. 
    Three of the rescuers got sick and one was hospitalized. 

      I warned you! 
 
Weird stories index
 
Home